FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT GRADING:
Question: Whom should I contact if I have a question about my student’s grades, attendance, schedule, etc?
1. Your student’s teachers. Teachers email contact info is available on the school web site at sjcs.k12.mo.us, or the school buzz book. 2. For general attendance questions and questions related to absences requested by parents/guardians, please refer to your Parent/Student Handbook. If you still have questions, you may contact the school office.
Question: Do all teachers post grade and attendance information to Parents Online?
No. Pre-K, kindergarten, and first grade do not post grades, and some teachers (mainly primary grades) may choose to simply post the average from their traditional grade books.
Question: How often can I expect grades to be updated?
Generally, daily grades are updated within a week from the time the assignment was due. However, special projects may take longer. Grade reports are typically posted within the week after the close of the quarter or semester. End of the year report cards/transcripts are finalized no later than the end of June. Parents will be notified by email when grades have been posted and are ready for viewing.
Question: What is required to connect to the Parents Online? Users need the following to connect:
- a computer with a connection to the internet
- an updated web browser: IE 8.0, Firefox 1.07 or later, Safari
- a login ID and password
Question: What can I see on the Parents Online/Students Online site? Parents and students (each using their own secure login) can access the following information on the Parents Online:
- grades for current classes, as well as the assignments that make up those grades
- attendance summary
- student information
- class schedule
- unofficial transcript
Most of the information may be printed at home utilizing the print button.
Question: Can other people see my son’s/daughter’s grades?
No. As long as you protect your ID and password, others will not be able to see your student’s information.
Question: What do I do if forget my login information or my password or my ID has been compromised?
Contact the instructional technology director. Security features in Parents/Students Online will allow only three mistyped attempts to log in. At that point, the account is locked and will require the I.T. director to unlock the account and assign a different password.
Question: How does one get a Parents Online login and password?
Complete the Parents Online Application form and bring it to the either office. You will receive email confirmation when your account has been activated.
Question: I know that teachers sometimes weight different categories of grades. How does this affect how a grade is calculated?
Some teachers calculate grades by total points and others use categories such as tests, quizzes, and/or daily work to organize and give different weights to grades; how teachers weight grades is an individual decision. To understand a specific grade calculation, please contact the individual teacher.
Question: How often can I expect attendance to be updated?
Attendance is updated daily. Unexcused absences may take a few extra days to be updated (if changed to excused), depending on the number of absences, promptness of the parent excuse note, and/or day of the week. Here’s how you can begin via the internet viewing your student’s progress:
- Complete the Parents Online Application Form and turn it in to either school office.
- You will receive an email from Go.Edu that will ask you to click on a link. If you do not receive this email, check in your spam for it; some have gone to spam. Click on the link, and it will take you to the login screen. This is all you have to do in this step. Do not try to login in yet; this step is only to activate your account. Close out of this screen.
- Go to the St. Joseph Christian School homepage and click on the “Parents Online” link at the top of the home page (again, see below). Your login name will be your email address, and the password should be the birth date of your oldest child attending St. Joseph Christian School. Carefully type in your log in information.
***Due to security measures, you will be allowed only three unsuccessful attempts to log in before your account is locked. You will then need to contact the instructional technology director and request that your account be unlocked and have a new password issued.